Pages

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Homemade Bread

I have tried making my own bread all winter with no success.  One time I had the water too hot and ruined the yeast.  Another time I couldn't find a warm spot in the house so I put the oven on low but that baked the bread too soon.  The last time everything started off well but I ran out of flour so I couldn't make it.

I have been reading a few blogs about cooking from scratch.  I am trying to do more of this for a few reasons: to cut our costs, to eat healthier, and TJ likes to cook and bake with me.  I decided to give bread one last chance... it worked!!!!!


I used this Challah Bread recipe from cookingbread.com Instead of using only all-pourpose four, I used half whole wheat.  We also split the dough in two and put them in loaf pans instead or the braid.  I still had trouble finding a warm place so we made a snuggly bed of blankets in our room for the dough.


What is your favourite bread recipe?  Do you have any tips or ideas for me cooking from scratch?

No comments:

Post a Comment