Here is my list of half done projects to finish:
- 2 bean bags waiting to be stuffed and sewn
- 6 placemats to finish appliques and add a backing
- 1 dress needing the facing and hem
- 1 dress mostly cut out
- 4 quilt squares waiting for two pieces of material each
- 20 (soon to be 24) quilt squares needing to be assembled
- 2 shirts wanting to be modified/updated
The reason I'm going on about all this is because I got distracted Monday night. While looking for some material online I came across this great idea for fabric roads at Seven Thirty Three. Yesterday I dropped everything and went about making our own set of roads. I decided to use up several pairs of my husbands old jeans (he donated them to me a long time ago).
Our roads were extremely simple to make. I cut 6 inch wide strips of jeans in various lengths. I decided to use the wrong side of the material because the other side is stained and they are all different shades of blue/dirt.
I didn't sew them or anything because I don't think they'll fray that much. I used yellow puffy paint to draw the lines on the roads. Total cost $2 for the paint!
I still need to make some curved roads. I'll just add that to my list!!
I linked this post up to the following:
Sew Much Ado
Lil' Luna- All Good Things
My Delicious Ambiguity