I was inspired my several of the super hero capes I've seen in my blog hopping rescently, but most of them had ties to do them up. I wanted to make TJ a cape that he could put on by himself. Here is what I did.
1. I went to the thrift store an bought 2 shirts (okay one was a dress) that were larger that what TJ wears. This is so that the neckline would be easy to put on.
2. I cut out a basic cape shape using the back of the shirts for material. On one shirt I included the neck.
3. I made a cool applique for each side of the cape.
4. Sew the two capes together. Use a zig-zag stitch around the neckline.
5. I chose to add seam binding around the raw neck line.
6. Look out bad guys it's Supper T!!
Some things I'd change for next time:
- I really need to learn more about sewing with knits. This wrinkled and puckered a lot.
- use a slightly smaller neckline. This one is stretching a bit.
"Look mommy I can wear it like a funny apron"
Of course because he can't see the cape if it is behind him!
What is your super hero wearing?
I linked up to:
House of Hepworths
It's Sew Stinkin' Cute
Fireflies & Jellybeans
Thrilled on Thursdays @ Paisley Passions