Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Easy to put on reversible Super Hero Cape

My TJ just loves to play dress-up.  The other day we were talking about Easter.  I mentioned that he could wear his bunny ears if he wanted.  He said "Oh yes I need a costume.  I'll be a pumpkin!"

I was inspired my several of the super hero capes I've seen in my blog hopping rescently, but most of them had ties to do them up.  I wanted to make TJ a cape that he could put on by himself.  Here is what I did.

1. I went to the thrift store an bought 2 shirts (okay one was a dress) that were larger that what TJ wears.  This is so that the neckline would be easy to put on.

2. I cut out a basic cape shape using the back of the shirts for material.  On one shirt I included the neck.

3. I made a cool applique for each side of the cape.

4. Sew the two capes together.  Use a zig-zag stitch around the neckline.

5. I chose to add seam binding around the raw neck line.

6. Look out bad guys it's Supper T!!

Some things I'd change for next time:
 - I really need to learn more about sewing with knits.  This wrinkled and puckered a lot.
- use a slightly smaller neckline.   This one is stretching a bit.

"Look mommy I can wear it like a funny apron"
Of course because he can't see the cape if it is behind him!

What is your super hero wearing?


I linked up to:








lil luna link party buttonNightOwlCrafting













Someday Crafts

House of Hepworths

It's Sew Stinkin' Cute

Fireflies & Jellybeans

Thrilled on Thursdays @ Paisley Passions

No comments:

Post a Comment