The words from this song really spoke to me in church today. Try an internet search to listen today.
"In Christ Alone"
In Christ alone my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song; this Cornerstone, this solid Ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm. What heights of love, what depths of peace, when fears are stilled, when strivings cease! My Comforter, my All in All, here in the love of Christ I stand.
In Christ alone! who took on flesh Fulness of God in helpless babe! This gift of love and righteousness Scorned by the ones he came to save: Till on that cross as Jesus died, The wrath of God was satisfied - For every sin on Him was laid; Here in the death of Christ I live.
There in the ground His body lay Light of the world by darkness slain: Then bursting forth in glorious Day Up from the grave he rose again! And as He stands in victory Sin's curse has lost its grip on me, For I am His and He is mine - Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
No guilt in life, no fear in death, This is the power of Christ in me; From life's first cry to final breath. Jesus commands my destiny. No power of hell, no scheme of man, Can ever pluck me from His hand; Till He returns or calls me home, Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
**I found the words through a quick Google search but there are probably some official ones somewhere. http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nataliegrant/inchristalone.html
I know I haven't written for a very long while. I still haven't fixed my issue with the photos on this blog, but I'll get to it. After Christmas (which was wonderful by the way), we got a nasty cold that lasted about 3 weeks. So now I'm back and will write when I feel inspired to do so.
Do you know when you hear or see the same message several time. Well I'm feeling inspired to jump in and share with all of you what God has been teaching me this week.
Here are some great links: Week 1 Why God Meets us in Our Mess Week 2 When You Weakness is all You can See
So here is what I have been learning this week through this book, my quiet time with God, bible reading on other blogs like God Centred Momand 5 Min for Faith.
1. I'm not perfect! I know that's shocking but sometimes and moms we try to do it all and feel just awful when we don't measure up.
2. I am not alone. There are so many mom's that are following along and sharing their stories. It feels so good to know that we are all in the trenches of parenting together. We often believe the lie that everyone else has it all together.
3. God will meet me in my mess. I may not get answers right away, but when I call out to Him I can breath and take the next step. There are many places in scripture that remind us to lay our burdens before the Lord and He is always with us. Here is a great post on that I read today.
4. Satan keeps feeding me lies that I need to recognize and NOT believe them. He tries to tell me I'm not good enough, I've messed up again, no one is listening, I'm alone and more. But I'm learnings to rise above that and believe the wonderful truths directly for God our Father who loves me!!
5. There are so many people that need prayer. Please feel free to leave a comment and know that I will spend time each day praying for you. I know that others have prayed for me and it means so much to me.
So my thought are not too profound. I hope you are able to see God working in your life today.
Many blessings to all,