Pages

Friday 22 April 2011

Earth Day Flowers

Happy Earth Day and Good Friday!


Today I wanted to share a craft that TJ did earlier in the week.  We have been reading Curious George plants a tree and talked a bit about reusing.  While taking out the recycling and I thought we could try reusing the egg carton.

First I cut out each egg cup out of the carton.  Then TJ went about colouring them in.  He also covered them in glue and tissue paper.  TJ is at a stage where he'd like to do everything himself.  I am learning to back off and let him try more often (it's hard to let go with messy glue).


Once everything dried we added pipe cleaner stems.
TJ is going to give a few away for Easter gifts and the rest are on our mantel.


What Earth Day and Easter crafts have you been doing?

I also linked to:
Finger Prints on the Fridge
Fun to Craft
Sun Scholars

No comments:

Post a Comment