Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentines Day

I am so full of love today.
I love God
I love my family
I love my husband
I love my boys
Our yummy cooies
I also love these cookies we made for Valentines.  Check out this recipe from I am Momma Hear Me Roar. Both boys had fun scooping the ingredients.  TJ was out at the part store with daddy while MJ and I rolled out the cookies.  He had a great time with the dough for a while.  Once he started to eat the dough I got out our play dough things for him to enjoy.  We had a nice quiet time together.


Later in the afternoon TJ used edible food markers to decorate some of the cookies to make sandwiches.  We took some of these delicious treats to my parents for a Valentine party on Saturday.
TJ decorating cookies (yes he still has the pacifier)
This past week we also made our own valentine cards.  Just decorated simple heart shapes with stickers and stamps.  We used glitter paint to decorate more hearts to stick up around the house.
TJ carried around his Valentine from cousin Elodie all day
Next year I want to try this new tradition: Write a bible verse about love on a heart shape. Each night from February 1-14 pull out one heart, read it and post it somewhere special.

For breakfast today we are eating sweet potato pancakes.  The recipe is from Taste of Home magazine.  I cut them out with heart cookie cutters.  And I saved some special big heart cookies for dinner tonight.

How are you celebrating Valentines?

1 comment: