Pages

Monday 21 February 2011

Monday Missions: Mommy Missions Website

Welcome to a new week on my new blog.  Every Monday I hope to share with you how God is working in our lives.  So lets get started...

Over the last two weeks I followed a Blog hop hosted by Heat of the Matter.  One of the blogs I read about was Mommy Missions.  Although I haven't subscribed to her website yet, I do love her blog.  I was gently reminded through this website and God's word that I don't need to go on any far away mission trip, that my mission field is right here at home.



Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.  Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.  Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.  Deuteronomy 6: 4-9

When I try to focus on putting the LORD first in our day, then anything else I happen to accomplish is a bonus.  I'll be the first to admit that some days I feel like everything (including the kids) are preventing me from getting things done.  The "things" I want to do are often just cleaning, or crafts and aren't really all that important.  I need to be in the Word daily to refocus my priorities.  I'm always working on this area in my life, and with two young boys it isn't easy, but I'll keep pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment