Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

Painting with different objects

The other day my husband was at work in a school and one of the teachers was clearing out some cupboards.  She was going to get rid of a box of paint.  Luckily for us my wonderful hubby offered to take them home to us!!  This morning TJ woke up and immediately wanted to paint.  After I had a chance to get organized for the day we did get painting.

Today we tried to experiment with different objects: tree block, dried grasses, moss, cookie cutters, whisk, feathers, spatula, string, and our hands.


 All our painting is usually done with little clothing or smocks (why get the smock dirty when you can just have a bath after).  We also end once the paint leaves the paper and the activity turns to body painting, unless we are outside in the summer.

Today I was really trying hard to develop a rhythm (schedule) for the day.  I'm starting to get the hang of it now.  I have been incorporating poems and songs to help with transitions.  We even had a little circle time.

I'd love to hear if you have a favourite verse, poem or song that you share with your kids.
Your comments are so special to me I can't tell you how much I love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. This made me remember one of my girls' favourite activities when they were small. We gave them paint brushes (the decorating size ones) and a bucket of water and they had great fun "painting" the outside walls.
    We also did paint footprints one warm day. I stripped them both down, and put a long piece of paper outside with trays of paint at one end. They stood in the paint and then walked along the paper. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete